Nuclear Engineering Education in Russia
General Information and Required Qualifications of Candidates
The students are selected among the Turkish students studying at all departments where physic and mathematics are taught, of the faculties of science and letters and engineering in the universities in Turkey and then they are sent to Russia in order to receive education in the Moscow State Engineering Physics Institute of the National Research Nuclear University (MEPhI) in the Russian Federation. These students will be selected via the written and oral examinations. Those who success in the exams and become entitled to participate in the education program will receive free education in the field of nuclear engineering in the Russian Federation.
Education Program in the Moscow State Engineering Physics Institute of the National Research Nuclear University (MEPhI)
The students who become entitled to participate in the education in the Russian Federation will receive the undergraduate program (1 preparatory year + 4 year-undergraduate program) or career program (1 preparatory year + 5,5 year-career program). The students completing the undergraduate program can continue 2 year-master degree program according to their academic standing and teaching staff list required for the Akkuyu Nuclear Power Plant. The students completing the career program can continue 6 year-master degree program according to their academic standing and teaching staff list required for the Akkuyu Nuclear Power Plant. All students in the education programs will do theoretical and practical internship in the nuclear power plants in Russia in summer terms according to their education programs.
The students will receive the following courses in the first year; Russian language, mathematics, physics, computer sciences and technical drawing (as covering at least 50% of the period of education). After the preparatory class, the students are subject to the Russian exam and then those who succeed in the exam are enrolled to the 1st class of the university.
The students, who have successfully completed their training program, will receive applied training at the Training Centers of Rosatom (Russian Atomic Energy Authority) and subject to the internship program for 1 or 3 years according to the duty to be selected at the Nuclear Power Plants in Russia.
Except for the force majeure or exceptional cases to be accepted by Akkuyu NGS Elektrik Üretim A.Ş., all scholarship amounts and expenditures from which the students, who cancel their education or are disenrolled at any stage of the education program, benefit will be taken back.
Enrollment Requirements of Students
- The students will work at the Akkuyu Nuclear Power Plant for a period of two times more than the education period at MEPhl University after their education program in Russia and also the internship in the nuclear power plants in Russia. The period of applied training and internship program for 1 or 3 years will not be deducted from the compulsory service period.
- In the event of the student’s failure, indiscipline and also that the student doesn’t take the exams or attend the lessons without reasonable grounds to be accepted by Akkuyu NGS Elektrik Üretim A.Ş., the sanction will be imposed within the scope of the regulations of MEPhl University. The details of this matter are defined in the regulations of MEPhl University.
Students’ Education, Scholarship and Accommodation Conditions
- The accommodation opportunity will be provided in the student hostel where double or triple rooms are available.
- The accommodation opportunity will be provided for a 1 or 3 year-internship period after the graduation.
- The books shall be provided for the students from the library of MEPhI University.
- A scholarship valued at $ 500 will be paid monthly to the students during their education.
- The health insurance will be made to the students by taking into consideration the general health insurance implemented to the foreign students in the Russian Federation.
- A special guide resident in Moscow will be employed in order that all students can consult 7 days 24 hours concerning all their problems.
- The students who successfully complete their education program, applied training and internship after the graduation will be employed at the Akkuyu Nuclear Power Plant in accordance with the approved staff lists. After they start to work at the nuclear power plant, the students who successfully complete their education at the Akkuyu NPP Training Center, pass the examination for the engineering position in the professional field and also obtain the working authorization without the need for any supervision will get market charge not less than the salary given to the 1st degree engineers subject to the Civil Servants Law no 657 in Turkey.
For more information: